The MS degree is conferred upon successful completion of specified coursework and engagement in original research.
- The type of degree and the degree name, either Physics or Astrophysics, will be specified by the student in consultation with the adviser and chair of the graduate program committee.
- The student must complete at least one full fall or spring semester in full-time study in a graduate Physics and Astronomy program at Rice University.
- The student must complete, with acceptable grades, 30 semester hours of approved advanced courses, including research.
- The student must complete with acceptable grades, or otherwise satisfy the requirements of, at least four of the basic courses for the doctoral degree, as specified in the Graduate Student Handbook, plus two other approved courses. An average grade of B or better will normally be expected in the student's graduate level physics and astronomy courses, excluding research.
- 23 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 595 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended are required. Transcripts should be uploaded to the on-line application for faster review of applications. If you are offered admission to Rice, official transcripts will be required and can either be sent directly to the department by the institution or sealed by the institution in a signed envelope and delivered by the applicant.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. The letters are usually written by faculty who are familiar with your work and can make an assessment of your potential for success in graduate school.
- Application Fee.
International52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 23 months.
National52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 23 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.