Translation and interpretation competence requires a near perfect understanding of the subtleties and nuances of meaning in one language, culture, and context for conveying the same or similar meaning in a different language. It requires superior command of the full range of registers not only in a first language but in one or more other languages as well.
- Be able to identify, explain, and critically discuss theoretical and practical approaches to translation and/or interpreting, both as disciplines and as professional activities.
- Develop and enhance the linguistic, cultural and technical skills necessary to effectively produce high-quality translations and/or interpretations in various professional settings.
- Demonstrate a complex understanding of the intercultural dimension of translation and/or interpreting to understand the ethical implications and responsibilities of professional translators and/or interpreters.
- Critically analyze and evaluate diverse strategies, resources, and tools in order to successfully apply them to the practice of translation and/or interpreting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Translation
- Workshop in Translation
- Studies in Translation
- Studies in Interpretation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 751 other Masters in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants to the program must hold a B.A., with a GPA of 3.00 in their major field.
- Applicants must demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in both English and Spanish; non-native speakers of those languages must take a placement exam administered by the Department of World Languages and Cultures (Spanish) or the English Language Center (English). There is no cost for the placement exam in Spanish, which involves a written test and an interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.