The degree is examined solely via the submission of a 25,000 - 30,000 word dissertation. On the basis of the information included on their application form, each student will be allocated a supervisor who has knowledge relevant to their area of study. It is expected that students will have regular dissertation tutorials with their supervisor and that they will regularly prepare written work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You will have regular meetings with a dissertation supervisor and take the appropriate research training course in Women's Studies, alongside students on the taught MA degrees.
- In certain circumstances, where appropriate and if it will enhance work being undertaken for the dissertation, you may be required to take a module from the main course, Approaching Women's Studies or an option course from the taught MA degree.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
In most cases, applications can be submitted year-round. However, we recommend that you apply as early as possible as some areas are particularly competitive.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology Literature View 426 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will need to upload the following documents when you apply:
- Academic transcript
- Research proposal or outline of academic interests
- Your CV (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of a language certificate
- Personal statement
- Evidence of financial support
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK Part-time: £2,325
- International/EU Part-time: £9,450
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.