You will also submit an analytical essay of 3000-5000 words to set your creative work within its research context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Postgraduate students in the Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media are also part of the wider York community.
- The Humanities Research Centre (HRC) is a beautifully designed space for academics and postgraduates from across York's eight arts and humanities departments, that provides a highly stimulating and supportive base for postgraduate study.
- The HRC also offers strong professionalising training, a beautiful working environment and plenty of opportunities both to socialise and to collaborate on shared projects.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
In most cases, applications can be submitted year-round. However, we recommend that you apply as early as possible as some areas are particularly competitive.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 372 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree transcript
- Two References
- Research proposal
- Sample work
- The proposal should be two pages. The first page should outline the script you plan to write while on the programme, including title, logline, genre, setting, and overview of the story; the second page should be a personal explanation of why you want to do the MA by Research, including references to relevant films or television programmes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK Part-time: £2,325
- International/EU Part-time: £9,450
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.