Taught by world-class faculty, the program offers students online or on-campus options.
The MDS degree will be offered with both an on-campus and an online option. Students must apply to either the online or on-campus program and will be explicitly admitted to one program or the other.
Rice University’s Master of Data Science (MDS) program is designed to support the needs of interdisciplinary professionals who want to apply data science knowledge, theory, and techniques to solve real-world problems.
Upon completing the MDS degree, students will have proficiency in:
- Understanding the computational and statistical foundations of Data Science
- Knowing and understanding how to use the core methods of Data Science as applied to an area of specialization or across a breadth of areas
- Applying Data Science knowledge, theory, and techniques to solve difficult, real-world problems, beginning with raw data and ending with actionable insights
- Effectively communicating written and orally about Data Science methods and results to a lay audience
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Programming for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Data Visualization
- Statistics for Computing and Data Science
- Data-driven Operations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 912 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Rice considers all applications holistically. Admissions decisions are based on Rice’s assessment of each applicant’s ability to succeed in the program, considering his or her undergraduate grades, test scores and work experience.
- The admissions standards will be the same for both programs. The GRE test will be recommended for all applicants, but not required.
International51500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25750 USD per semester during 12 months.
National51500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25750 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.