The Graduate Certificate Chief Diversity Officer in Higher Education program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas targets full or part-time graduate students who seek professional preparation commensurate with the Standards of Professional Practice for Chief Diversity Officers (CDO) established by the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE) in 2014.
Master's and doctoral students enrolled in disciplines outside of higher education and multicultural education, as well as current administrative professionals who already possess an undergraduate degree and have 2-3 years full-time work experience, will particularly benefit from this certificate.
- Standard 1: Has the ability to envision and conceptualize the diversity mission of an institution through a broad and inclusive definition of diversity.
- Standard 2: Understands, and is able to articulate in verbal and written form, the importance of equity, inclusion, and diversity to the broader educational mission of higher education institutions.
- Standard 3: Understands the contexts, cultures, and politics within institutions that impact the implementation and management of effective diversity change efforts.
- Standard 4: Has knowledge and understanding of, and is able to articulate in verbal and written form, the range of evidence for the educational benefits that accrue to students through diversity, inclusion, and equity in higher education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Justice Education
- Multicultural Education
- Theory and Research in Multicultural Education
- Multicultural Organizational Development
- Leading Diverse Organizations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Higher Education View 212 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 (4.00=A) for your bachelor’s degree, or a minimum 3.00 (4.00=A) for the last two years (60 semester hours).
- Factors that may also be considered by the academic department to which you are applying include test scores (like the GRE or GMAT).
- All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.