The Department of Counselor Education, School Psychology, and Human Services offers an Advanced Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies . The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Addictions Studies at University of Nevada, Las Vegas is designed for individuals already holding master's degrees in counseling who are seeking to enhance their professional counseling practice and licensure options.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC)
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC)
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor Supervisor
- Certified Problem Gambling Counselor (CPGC)
- Problem Gambling Supervisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureOur graduate counseling programs prepare students to:
- Serve as professional counselors, advocates, and leaders who maximize opportunities for individuals, groups, and communities with a particular emphasis on helping underserved and oppressed client populations;
- Address developmental, academic, career, mental health, socio-cultural, and wellness needs of clients seeking counseling;
- Help individuals, groups and communities strive to find meaning, involvement, worth, and dignity in their lives;
- Engage in action research and program evaluations to further the knowledge base and best practice initiatives of the counseling profession; and
- Advocate with local, state, and national organizations to promote client and societal wellbeing.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Priority: Jan. 15
- Final: Feb. 1
12 - 18
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Sciences View 2128 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students must already be holding a master's degree in counseling, or be currently admitted to the Clinical and Mental Health Counseling M.S. program at UNLV.
- You must have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 (4.00=A) for your bachelor’s degree, or a minimum 3.00 (4.00=A) for the last two years (60 semester hours).
- Factors that may also be considered by the academic department to which you are applying include test scores (like the GRE or GMAT).
- All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.