Bowling Green State University ’s Master of Science in Data Science program is interdisciplinary. Students benefit by working with and learning from expert faculty representing three departments: Computer Science, Mathematics & Statistics, and Applied Statistics & Operations Research. BGSU provides an education that blends those three disciplines in a robust fashion, resulting in graduates that have a breadth and depth of knowledge in all three disciplines. Individuals in the M.S. program at BGSU learn to acquire, clean and organize structured and unstructured datasets and develop appropriate techniques to analyze structured, unstructured or dynamic datasets.
Graduates of the M.S. program will have developed the level of knowledge and skills necessary to enter industry or begin Ph.D.-level work in data science. They will be able to do data acquisition, data cleaning and transformation, analytics, prescribing actions and programming/automation.
- Artificial Intelligence Methods
- Database Management Systems
- Data Science Programming
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Domestic: 14 days prior to the start of the admit term
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 511 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International20852 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10426 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20852 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10426 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6432 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.