Digital manufacturing (also termed as 3D printing or Additive Manufacturing, AM) is considered one of the key pillars in creating a sustainable and digital industrial era through the ongoing industrial revolution, Industry 4.0 along with Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Industries around the globe are thriving for maturing various digital manufacturing technologies and are facing a serious deficiency of skilled engineering trained in such a highly demanding field. Therefore, this master-level Mechanical Engineering - Digital Manufacturing programme from the University of Turku is designed to educate and train students in the field of digital manufacturing so that they are ready to solve the challenges the industries are facing.
Digital manufacturing (also termed as 3D printing or Additive Manufacturing, AM) is considered as one of the key pillars in creating a sustainable and digital industrial era through the ongoing industrial revolution, Industry 4.0 along with Big Data and Internet of Things.
Industries around the globe are thriving for maturing various digital manufacturing technologies and are facing a serious deffciency of skilled engineering trained in such a highly demanding field. Therefore, after completing this program the students are well trained to solve real challenges in various industrial sectors including but not limited to aerospace, space, automotive, bio-medical, marine, nuclear, power and energy etc.
After successfully finishing this program the student can go to industries as well trained
- 3D printing process specialist,
- design specialist,
- materials specialist,
- characterization specialist,
- surface engineering specialist
- Digital Factory
- 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing
- Axiomatic Design
- Knowledge and Innovation Management
- Virtual Manufacturing
- Materials Processing Technologies in Digital Manufacturing
- Materials Engineering in Digital Manufacturing
- Advanced Surface and Coating Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 8 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Turku and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the section on track-specific admission requirements for detailed degree requirements.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The University of Turku supports merited and motivated students with generous scholarships. Scholarships are offered for both Bachelor’s and Master’s level studies, for students who are subject to tuition fees.
- The scholarships are awarded based on academic merits. Applying for a scholarship is simple: just indicate “yes” to the appropriate question on your online application form for the programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.