The programme focuses on the characterisation, modelling, properties and life cycle of both traditional and future materials used in the Industrial. Moreover, we consider the special topics of 3D printing and artificial (“digital”) materials.
In the Materials Engineering - Modern Industrial Materials programme from University of Turku, you will grow to be an expert in materials selection and optimisation in almost any field of the industry.
Materials specialists are currently in demand in a broad range of industries, from aerospace, automotive and maritime, through the energy and pharmaceutical, to telecommunications and utilities sectors. Novel materials solutions underpins the development industrial processes and products. You wil have the chance to make a real difference on how society functions, and also in our daily life.
You will be equipped with technical, business, project management and interpersonal skills needed for careers in a wide range of sectors. You will be able to join the industry in Finland or abroad, become a consultant, or enter the public sector.
- Current focus areas in the research on Modern Industrial Materials is on different materials for industrial needs, and what properties are desired with specific applications.
- Furthermore, we seek to modify materials and tune their functional properties to optimize their industrial performance.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Industrial Design View 22 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.