The Marine Sciences programme from Université de Bretagne Occidentale offers a two years intensive program with fundamental lectures, advanced courses, internships and research projects. The program is held at the University of Brest in collaboration with engineering schools, Ifremer and research laboratories at IUEM.
The training provides career opportunities in research and academia in oceanography, climate science, geophysics and in applications such as operational oceanography, naval hydrodynamics, observation and monitoring of the coastal and deep sea environment, exploitation of marine mineral resources.
- Geophysical fluid dynamics: a framework to understand ocean physics
- New remote sensing methods and observing systems for the ocean and solid Earth
- Strong mathematical training: advanced calculs and numerical methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physics of the Ocean and Climate
- Marine Geophysics
- Naval Hydrodynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Marine Engineering View 4 other Masters in Marine Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Present form
- Motivation letter
- Copy of diplomas of post secondary studies. For French this includes the baccalauréat.
- Transcript of records of post secondary studies. Include a description of the grading system of your country (except for French). For French, include your “relevé de notes du bac”
- Certificate of English. Students must have a sufficient level of English.
- Certificate of French if any (we accept non French speakers).
International500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.