As a graduate of the Energy Conversion Processes major at Aalto University, you will have:
- An understanding of the big picture of sustainable energy conversion pathways, which is of utmost importance for operating the energy system effectively while minimising its environmental impact.
- Multidisciplinary set of skills. Flexibility, a broad-minded way of thinking, collaboration and the ability to understand energy systems as a whole are important learning outcomes in this major. As a graduate of the programme, you will have versatile and multidisciplinary research and development skills to tackle the many industrial and societal challenges found in the energy sector.
- Tools for contributing to sustainable future. Energy technology plays an important role on creating better health systems, security and sustainable society. During your studies you will analyze and evaluate existing and future challenges in the field of energy, and the role of energy technologies and processes in addressing these challenges.
- The theoretical basis and practical skills. You will be able toidentify the fundamental natural phenomena of modern energy conversion technologies and apply different methods to design and develop them.
Experience from the field. Graduates have hands-on experience related to real-world energy system and testing.
As a graduate, you can work as expert in one of the following areas: renewable energy, energy conversion technologies, bioenergy, maritime industry or computational energy technology. Our graduates are also well equipped to pursue doctoral studies.
- Identify the fundamental natural phenomena of modern energy conversion technologies and apply different methods to design and develop them
- Be able to take a holistic view to understand dependencies across large energy systems
- Analyze and evaluate existing and future challenges in the field of energy, and the role of energy technologies and processes in addressing these challenges
- Design sustainable energy conversion and storage solutions based on a scientific approach
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 61 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Finland
- Transcript(s) of records, degree certificate(s)
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.