This Taxation programme, offered by the Department of Accounting and Finance in the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, and developed in collaboration with the Irish Tax Institute, offers students the opportunity to be educated in tax in a holistic, integrated and sustainable manner in response to the expressed needs of the tax profession. Graduates from the programme will be entitled to exemptions from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Irish Tax Institute professional exams subject to minimum grade requirements.
The programme offered at University of Limerick creates a distinctive opportunity for students to take their knowledge of taxation beyond the practice of compliance and planning to a deeper understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of the discipline. It also provides an opportunity for students to progress to study for the leading professional qualification, AITI Tax Consultant, and become a member of the Irish Tax Institute.
This programme aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in the knowledge and application of taxation theory, law and practice as applied to individuals and corporate entities both nationally and internationally. Among the core aims of the programme are to equip students with the following:
- The sustainable tax technical skill required for personal and corporate tax compliance and consulting work;
- An understanding of the underlying theory behind the discipline, the techniques of taxation and their implications in a social context;
- An ability to appreciate the ethical aspects of personal and corporate tax planning and the protection of the national tax base;
- The tools necessary to research technical tax issues;
- The research skills necessary to formulate, conduct and report on an independent piece of academic research;
- Key personal and professional skills including decision-making, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and presentation skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Personal Taxes
- Indirect Taxes
- Revenue Law
- Seminar Series
- Research Methods in Finance
- Professional Development
- Financial Analysis & Governance
- Capital Taxes
- Business Taxes
- Principles of International Tax
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- International Monetary Economics
- Project Management
- Leadership, Influence & Change
- Weath & Portfolio Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
International13397 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13397 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7853 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7853 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.