A Graduate Degree Program for Adult Learners
Offered through the College of Arts and Science, the Liberal Arts and Science program of Vanderbilt University offers:
- A master's degree from one of the nation's leading universities
- Access to world-class faculty and learning facilities
- An opportunity to broaden your knowledge base across a range of subjects
- Connection to a community of curious-minded adults engaged in the pursuit of knowledge
- A flexible, part-time schedule designed for working professionals with both online and in-person courses
Classes are offered on weekday evenings throughout the year, including the summer, with both online and in-person options. Students take ten courses to earn the degree. Most students complete the program in three and a half years.You can chart your own journey of critical engagement and personal enrichment by participating in this distinctive graduate-degree program at Vanderbilt. You can benefit from the intellectual enrichment and academic interchange as well as earn a Master’s degree from a distinguished research university.
- Seminar In Social Science - American Government and the United States Military
- Seminar In Social Science - Food, Culture, and Identity
- Seminar In Humanities - What if Alice was a Refugee in Wonderland?
- Seminar In Humanities: Religion and Philosophy in the Ancient Greek World
- Seminar in Social Science: Addressing Historical Injustice: Memory, Responsibility, and Repair
- Seminar In Humanities: History of Country Music
- 12 months
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory General Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 799 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae or a current résumé should be attached to the online application
- Official transcripts, indicating a completed course of study equivalent to that required for a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution, are required before an admissions decision can be made
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required
- You may enter your language and proficiency, if appropriate
- The Statement of Purpose, which can be appended to the online application, is a 250-word essay that (1) describes your intellectual interests; (2) addresses how you would add to the MLAS classroom experience; and (3) speaks to your expectations of the program
- The final step of the application process is a required interview with the MLAS Director, Dr. Sheri Shaneyfelt
International3225 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3225 USD per module during 12 months.
National3225 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3225 USD per module during 12 months.
- $3,225 per three-credit-hour course
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.