About the program
Faculty members are well versed in the studies of human movement, sport psychology and management, and prepare graduates to excel professionally. Kinesiology graduate students at Southern Illinois University can choose from two concentrations:
- The sports studies concentration focuses on the psychological, sociological, administration, and management areas of sports and physical activity.
- If you are interested in movement and the physiology involved in sports and fitness, the exercise science concentration will appeal to you. Graduate students receive hands-on experience in the advanced curriculums of physiology, biomechanics and motor behavior.
Kinesiology is a growing and diverse field that encompasses many career options, including working:
- With professional or college sports teams or facilities.
- In a variety of health care facilities, including surgical, cardiac, rehabilitation and other sites.
- To assist individuals on a one-to-one basis with their exercise, health and fitness needs.
- In corporate settings, where there is a focus on employee health and wellness through on-site, dedicated fitness specialists.
- At countless other venues and positions where such services are needed.
- Sport and Fitness Management
- Psychological Aspects of Sport and Physical Activity
- Social Aspects of Sport and Physical Activity
- Legal Aspects of Sport and Physical Activity
- Biomechanics Analysis of Human Movement
- Metabolic Analysis of Human Activity
- Motor Learning Theories of Research
- Exercise Psychology
- Techniques of Research
- Inferential Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 280 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Illinois University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
For admission to a Master's program:
- 2.7 (on a 4.0 grading scale) on approximately the last two years of your Bachelor's degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 on all previous graduate coursework
- Online application
- Proof of funds (bank statement or letter from financial institution) is required to complete your application process.
- English proficiency
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35213 USD per year during 24 months.
National35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35213 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14085 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Carbondale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.