The Guidance Counselling & Lifespan Development programme at University of Limerick is offered over two academic years on a part-time basis (mid-week evenings and weekends depending on location of delivery).
However, the programme requires a significant level of personal commitment from participants in terms of attendance, contribution, self-directed learning and their own time management.
This programme is recognised by the Institute of Guidance Counsellors. It is approved by the Department of Education and Skills (DES) for the purpose of appointment as a qualified Guidance Counsellor in the education sector. This qualification does not provide graduates with a recognised teaching qualification as required by the Teaching Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counselling Theory and Practice
- Professional Practice in Guidance Counselling
- Psychology of Human Development
- Theory and Skills of Experiential Group Learning
- Theory and Practice of Psychological Assessment
- Advanced Research Methods in Guidance Counselling
- Contemporary Perspectives on Vocational Development and Progression Across the Lifespan
- Practicum: Educational Practice Placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCounselling View 7 other Masters in Counselling in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Full degree transcript and certificates/awards (including English translation if applicable)
- English language qualifications (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your birth certificate/passport
- Please state your centre preference on the application form
- An up-to-date CV in word format
- A 500 word Personal Statement describing your interest and reason for applying for the programme.
International12842 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12842 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5746 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5746 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Year 2: EU/EEA: 5,582 eur; NON-EU/EEA: 12,471 eur
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.