About Mathematical Modelling at University of Limerick
The main emphasis of the Mathematical Modelling course offered by University of Limerick is on practical problems which arise in industry, commerce, medicine, and in the environmental and life sciences.
- To provide a first year of intensive taught courses as part of a structured graduate programme for MACSI postgraduates and to enable graduates of engineering and other disciplines to redirect their training towards mathematical modelling.
A year two scholarships to cover Stipend and fees, will be awarded to competitive applicants.
Financial services including accounting, international banking, lending analysis and investment analysis; information and communication technologies; engineering industries (e.g. environmental, electronics, aerospace and automobile); scientific research (e.g. medical, social, economic, engineering, computing, industrial, fisheries, biological and mathematical); data analysis including market research and demographics; manufacturing (including production planning and quality control), research and development, especially in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries; mathematics education (teaching and lecturing).
- Advanced Methods
- Scientific Computation
- Fundamentals of Continuum Mechanics
- Applied Analysis
- Mathematics of Natural Phenomena
- Perturbation Techniques and Asymptotics
- Numerical Partial Differential Equations
- Fundamentals of Financial Mathematics
- Operations Research
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Stochastic Processes
- Statistical Inference
- Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 31 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Limerick and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document).
International16900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6700 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.