Improve an individual’s physical and emotional wellbeing, reducing anxiety, depression or stress, leading to healthier lifestyles and more satisfying relationships.
Delivered in partnership with Mindfulness CIC, a specialist mindfulness training organisation, this exciting new blended part-time course will develop a clear understanding of mindfulness and compassion, its origin and the development of personal practice and teaching practice.
You will be expected to lead meditations and introduce mindfulness to beginners, strengthening your own meditation practice during the four day residential each semester.
The popularity of meditative practice, encouraging individuals to focus on the present, rather than on the anxieties of the past or future, is growing in popularity – practised in schools, banks and businesses all over the world.
This Mindfulness and Compassion course at Coventry University is designed to provide you with an in-depth knowledge base and set of skills, which combined with a broad range of experiential teaching, will equip you to pursue careers in the diverse field of mindfulness, upon successful completion. It could open up roles in training and development, coaching and mentoring in the public and private sector. With additional education, you could also pursue careers in teaching, health and wellbeing, psychology or nursing, specialising in mindfulness.
Chartered Management Institute
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Buddhist Philosophy
- Yoga and Bodywork
- Western Foundations and Applications of Mindfulness
- Professional Practice for Mindfulness and Compassion Studies
- Enhanced Teaching Mindfulness Skills
- Mindfulness and the Brain
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Clinical Psychology View 840 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission onto to the course requires a level of knowledge and skills which would normally be provided by an Honours degree.
- Each application will be considered on its own merit in the context of the course content, but the entry requirements would normally be a first or second (lower or upper) class degree in a relevant subject (for example Allied Health professions, Coaching, Psychology, Social Science, Humanities, Theology, Counselling), or equivalent; an awareness of meditation and mindfulness, evidenced in your application; evidence of ability to reflect upon personal/professional development, evidenced in your application and interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.