- The Mental Health and Mental Capacity Law programe is offered at the Queen's University Belfast .
- This is a statutory role and applications must have the support of a Health and Social Care Trust. The PG Diploma provides the qualification for practising as an Approved Social Worker (ASW) and then the Dissertation Module must be successfully completed for the MSc.
- Contributors to the taught element of the ASW Programme are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and professions including service users and carers; ASWs and other social work staff, psychiatrists, psychologists and nursing staff; representatives from the courts, Review Tribunal; Regulation Quality Improvement Authority; legal advisers and researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This module will facilitate Approved Social Workers in training to apply to their practice knowledge and critical understanding of the context and concepts of the field of mental health in order to make informed decisions regarding the care and treatment of people with a mental disorder.Courses include:
- Context and Concepts in Mental Health
- Law Ethics and Applied Law in Mental Health
- Social Work Practice Development in Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We advise you to apply as early as possible. Early application is also important for international applicants.
DisciplinesPublic Health Civil & Private Law Health Sciences View 1791 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University. Where this is not met, applicants must demonstrate that their experience and qualifications enable them to study at postgraduate level by showing either that they have the Pre-2007 Post-Qualifying Social Work Award or by producing a reflective assignment on their practice in this area (2,000 words).
- Applicants must be nominated by their Health and Social Care Trust/employer who will undertake to provide support and appropriate learning opportunities. It will be the responsibility of employers to ensure that applicants have the opportunity to develop and demonstrate social work competence in their work with people who have a mental disorder and/or lack capacity, and their carers.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £6,980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £6,980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £8,360
- EU Other £19,100
- International £19,100
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.