About the Program
As a result, our students have achieved outstanding publication records, as well as, numerous recognitions from national organizations. Candidates with prior training in the computational and biosciences are preferred. Funding opportunities include our National Library of Medicine Biomedical Informatics Training Grant and postdoctoral research fellowships, as well as the VA Post Doctoral Fellowship in Medical Informatics & Quality Improvement.Students who enter the Biomedical Informatics program of Vanderbilt University typically have a background in one of the health professions (e.g., MD, DO, RN, DDS, or a MS or PhD in a health-related area such as psychology or biostatistics) or with a background in computing, engineering, biology, or mathematics. After graduation, they pursue careers as full-time academic researchers, part-time academic researchers/part-time clinicians, scientific managers in industry, advanced scientists in industry, information managers in health care settings, and consultants or entrepreneurs.
- Scientific Communication
- Clinical Information Systems and Databases Wright
- Technology and Society
- Evaluation Methods in Biomedical Informatics
- Clinical Observation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Bioinformatics View 1222 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, nursing, mathematics, statistics, physics, information management, a health-related field, or a similar discipline is a basic requirement for admission to the graduate degree program
- Students without a computational background are encouraged to take at least one or more introductory level courses in computer science before entering the program
- Some background in biology and statistics are helpful but not a requirement
- All international applicants are required to provide scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which is administered by the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey. The Department requires applicants to meet or exceed a score of 600.
- International applicants who have obtained at least a masters level degree from an accredited US university are not required to provide TOEFL scores
International64500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD per credit during 12 months.
National64500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.