About the Program
The goal of the Biomedical Engineering program of Vanderbilt University is to provide advanced education and research training in quantitative organ and cellular biology, in biomedical information and instrumentation systems, imaging and in the scientific principles underlying the origination of therapeutic devices and processes. It is specifically concerned with the interface between the engineering, physical, computing and mathematical sciences, and biology.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering is in the School of Engineering, but is closely affiliated with the medical school. In addition to the M.Eng., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, the department also participates in the School of Medicine M.D./Ph.D. program. Many BME faculty members hold joint appointments with Engineering School, A&S, and Medical School departments, and numerous faculty from across campus hold joint appointments in BME. The School of Medicine and University Hospital are located on the same campus as the School of Engineering, less than one block away. This close proximity facilitates a wide variety of collaborative efforts between faculty and students in the two schools.
- Advanced Computational Modeling and Analysis in Biomedical Engineering
- Quantitative Methods in Biomedical Engineering
- Advanced Quantitative and Functional Imaging
- Special Topic in Imaging Instrumentation
- Cellular and Molecular Basis of Disease
- Human Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 1823 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vanderbilt University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- There is no strict minimum GPA requirement; however, the department does not expect to admit students with less than a B average in their undergraduate work.
- We admit students based on the holistic evaluation of their application, including their research interests.
- Letters of recommendation can now be submitted online and we would prefer that method over letters received by mail.
- International applicants should also take the TOEFL exam and enter their results on the application form.
International64500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD per credit during 12 months.
National64500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.