In this Creative Writing course at University of Greenwich , you will be guided by expert writers through each of the core genres of prose fiction, poetry, scriptwriting and creative non-fiction. You’ll be able to experiment with topics, styles, forms and hybrids, leading to a substantial portfolio of original creative work.
Among our innovative approaches to imaginative writing, we encourage students to explore links between texts and other disciplines, such as history, theory, politics, and cultural studies. Different writing techniques and reflective practices will help you advance your skills in textual analysis and encourage you to consider the opportunities and challenges of writing.
What you should know about this course
- This new MA is taught by expert writers with internationally-recognised publications
- You will gain advanced understanding of contemporary writing in each of the core genres
- You will produce new writing in every genre and specialise in a genre of your choosing
- You will benefit from being taught by guest experts from around the world
- You will join a unique writing environment, rich with other writers and industry links, in the heart of London.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Text and Theory
- Research Skills for Literary Studies
- Writing Fictions
- Writing Performance
- Writing Poetry and Other Experiments
- The Creative Portfolio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have no formal deadlines for applications submitted to the university, however, you should make sure to apply as soon as possible
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts View 222 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have a UK undergraduate degree at 2.2 or above (or an equivalent qualification - both level and grade - from a recognised non-UK university) in a relevant discipline in humanities or social sciences subject (or non-UK equivalent). Other areas may also be considered as suitable.
- Applicants may be invited for an interview.
- Some experience of creative writing is expected.
- Some knowledge of literature and literary analysis would be beneficial, but it is not a requirement for entry onto the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK PT: £1,415 per 30 credits
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.