Designed for students of architecture, landscape architecture, engineering and related fields, this master's in landscape and urbanism addresses the growing influence of landscape on urban, social and ecological processes. You'll learn about the challenges facing contemporary cities, such as urban growth, climate change, and social inequality, encouraging you to consider future landscapes and cities with these issues in mind.
Benefit from access to our state-of-the-art Stockwell Street Building, which is equipped with design studios, a photography suite, film studios, and gallery spaces. You will also be ideally placed to visit London's galleries and landscape projects. The course will enable you to move straight into a career in architecture and urban design or go on to doctoral study.
What you should know about this MSc Architecture, Landscape and Urbanism at University of Greenwich
- You'll explore conditions of contemporary urbanism and employ advanced design techniques to develop speculative strategies and interventions.
- Address the critical conditions of contemporary cities, such as extreme environmental events, shifting economic agendas, and the transformations to urban infrastructures.
- Undertake research visits to London’s art galleries (The Tate, ICA), museums (British Museum) and important landscapes (Kew Gardens, Royal Park Greenwich, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park).
- You're encouraged to attend field-study visits abroad (recently in Istanbul and New York) to inform design projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Design Research Methodologies
Landscape and Urbanism Theory
Advanced Urban Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 120 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have an honours degree at 2:2 or above in architecture, landscape architecture, engineering planning or a related discipline. Exceptionally, we will consider applicants from geography, ecology and social sciences.
- All applicants must submit a design or project portfolio and a personal statement.
- Applicants may be invited for an interview, in person or online.
- We welcome applications from mature students.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part-Time: £1500 per 30 credits
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.