The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at New Mexico State University is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). It prepares professional counselors to perform mental health counseling in agencies, hospitals, and private practice. Successful completion of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program qualifies students to pursue licensure as clinical mental health counselors with the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board.
- Human Development
- Multicultural Counseling
- Professional Issues in Mental Health Counseling
- Addictions Counseling
- Research Methods
- Appraisal Theory and Technique
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 667 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Transcripts from all Universities and Colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or supervisors
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vita (List of completed upper division and/ or graduate course work (including grades) related to counseling)
- Writing sample
- Interview if requested
- In addition to the criteria specified above, a candidate’s professional dispositions (written, face-to-face, and virtual) are considered by the admissions committee. A candidate’s professional dispositions are of the utmost importance because the practice of professional counseling is largely based on interpersonal communication skills. Thus, it is possible for a candidate’s application to be denied solely based on their professional dispositions (regardless of the strength of their other application materials).”
International19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 24 months.
National19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State6189 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6189 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Las Cruces
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.