Through the taught modules students will develop their research skills, including critically appraising literature, developing research proposals, laboratory techniques, project management, presenting findings (through oral, written and digital media) and applying for funding. Students will be introduced to a wide range of methodologies and practical techniques relevant to their discipline. Training will be provided in research governance and ethical procedures to ensure students are prepared for work as professional researchers.
Students of the Master of Research (Biomedical Science - Psychology - Health) at Cardiff Metropolitan University will conduct two substantial research studies in a topic of their choice, supervised by experienced members of academic staff. These studies will be written up in the form of journal articles and will form a substantial component of the credits for the MRes award.
- MRes graduates will be well placed for PhD level study or a career that involves carrying out, critically appraising or applying research findings. Evidence based practice means that a knowledge and understanding of research is essential in all health related domains so that health care providers are able to interpret previous research findings, as well as contributing to the process of designing and carrying out research projects.
- Graduates will also be well equipped in roles which involve scientific writing, analysis of research, designing or administering research projects and development of research portfolios.
- Developing Skills for a Career in Research
- Evidence Based Practice
- Research Methods and Design
- Research Strategies and Innovation in Biomedical Sciences
- Analytical & Diagnostic Techniques
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Psychology Health Sciences View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) in a health or social science subject is normally required. However, applicants with relevant professional experience or qualifications are welcomed and will be considered individually.
- Once your application has been received you will be invited for a short meeting with the Programme Director to discuss the course in more detail and consider which is the most appropriate programme route to suit your background and future needs.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.