This British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited conversion course, offers Graduate Basis for Chartered membership (GBC) to those who do not currently hold it (essential for pursuing a future career in psychology).
This intensive postgraduate degree at Cardiff Metropolitan University will be of interest to anyone who wishes to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the application of psychology to education. This includes individuals who already have an accredited psychology degree because of its applied focus and opportunity for further work experience, both relevant to pursuing professional training. For these students, whilst some of the theoretical content may feel familiar, its application to educational contexts will prove new and challenging.
Students who successfully complete the BPS accredited MSc Psychology in Education, will acquire a range of transferable skills attractive to employers such as numerical reasoning, communication skills, computer literacy, critical thinking and problem solving, project management and teamwork.
- This MSc is a conversion course which provides Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS). It requires no prior knowledge of psychology. It may be studied out of interest or intellectual curiosity about psychology and education, or for reasons of continued professional development and career enhancement. It is also ideal if you want to pursue a career in psychology but either did not study psychology at undergraduate level or studied psychology on a non-accredited programme.
- GBC is a prerequisite for professional training programmes in psychology which lead to full Chartered Psychologist status and occupations in such areas as Educational, Clinical, Occupational, Health and Counselling Psychology. This MSc does not guarantee entry onto the necessary professional training programme.
- This MSc also opens up a range of careers where an understanding of human behaviour or research methods is relevant. The knowledge and skills you will obtain are highly desired by employers within education, mental healthcare, youth and family work, therapy, social work, management and research. The research and independent learning skills you acquire on this course would also be a good preparation for further study, for example PhD.
- Individual development
- Teaching and learning
- Human behaviour in education
- Mental health and well-being
- Researching psychology in education
- Professional placement
- Empirical research project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 969 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants should usually have a first or upper second-class Honours degree or equivalent.
- Each applicant is considered on their academic merits and their ability to demonstrate an interest and ability in the subject area.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.