You'll focus on people who live in areas where climatic conditions threaten water and food security, public health, public amenities, quality of life and living conditions via research, develop an appreciation of international and national obligations and trends in the assessment and management of climate change.
You'll discover how to effectively examine complex agricultural, industrial, infrastructure and urban development proposals to meet predicted impacts of climate change.
- Climate scientist
- Climate policy analyst
- Environmental consultant
- Resource manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- As a candidate you are required to conduct research that can be written up as a scholarly thesis.
- You must demonstrate research competency and the ability to make a significant and original contribution to the body of knowledge in your chosen area of specialisation.
- You must clearly articulate in your research outline, the topic, background, rationale, research question, aim and objectives, methodology, research methods and techniques, and timeframe. Your research outline is to include a literature review that relates to the research question and objectives.
- Your syntheses analysis and discussion must clearly focus on the research question and the objectives of the work. Conclusions and recommendations must be drawn from your analysis and discussion and reflect the attainment of the aim and the way in which the research question is addressed.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 21 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 063014F
- To be eligible for admission to Master of Climate Change Adaptation by Research candidature, applicants are normally required to hold a bachelors degree with at least Honours Class 2 Division II from a recognised higher education institution. Applicants who have completed a bachelors degree and have achieved by subsequent work and study a standard equivalent to at least Honours Class 2 Division II may also be considered.
- Entry by non-graduates who have relevant governmental or industry experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis. In exceptional cases applications may be considered on the basis of other evidence of general and professional qualifications as approved by the Research Degrees Committee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.