At the Master of Education by Research from the University of the Sunshine Coast You will be guided by expert supervisors from planning through to completion, with access to regular training, professional development, conferences, and publications.
Students at Education by Research from the University of the Sunshine Coast will:
- Receive expert guidance in research theories and methodologies;
- Specialise in an area of research that contributes to education scholarship;
- Have access to a range of opportunities to fine-tune your postgraduate level research skills;
- Have the opportunity to participate and present at conferences;
- Head of Department
- School or program leader
- Education advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program has four distinct phases—proposal and affirmation of candidature, writing of the thesis, presentation of a scholarly paper to a significant national or international audience, and examination of the thesis.
- As a candidate you complete one required course, EDN705 Education Research Theories and Methodologies(24 units) which addresses the need to embed research enquiry in a particular research paradigm. You investigate a number of research paradigms and a range of research methods that may offer understandings and tools to interrogate a research problem.
- You are required to write a scholarly thesis of 40,000 words (168 units) in a specific professional field, which demonstrates that you are making a significant contribution to knowledge and practice in your professional context.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 176 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- CRICOS code: 072639J
- a Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) with a Grade Point Average of 5.0 or higher on a seven point scale from a recognised higher education institution; or
- a Bachelor Honours degree (AQF Level 8) Class IIB from a recognised higher education institution; or
- a record of qualifications and/or professional research experience deemed to be equivalent to the standard of (a) or (b) as may be approved by the Research Degrees Committee, or the Chairperson acting on behalf of the Committee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.