All three of Montana State University's Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). We believe that as a prospective student, you should be interested in pursuing a counseling graduate program that is CACREP-accredited. The choices available to you as a beginning student may seem staggering. There are many aspects to consider in deciding which graduate training program to choose. Many programs across the nation are not CACREP-accredited. However, you must decide whether you will be acquiring a quality education and whether you will be adequately prepared to enter the work force upon graduation. Most states' professional counselor licensure rules require additional course work and/or supervision beyond the degree in order to practice.
- The courses include self-exploration and skill acquisition regarding personal values, professional issues, personal and professional relationships, and group dynamics.
- All courses in the summer are offered in a blended format to allow for more flexibility with work, clinical, and home life schedules.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 993 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and the non-refundable $60 application fee
- Official transcripts from each university attended (MSU transcripts past 1988 need not be submitted)
- Official entrance exam scores (GRE or GMAT)
- Three letters of recommendation. Applicants will be prompted to submit contact information for each recommender during the online application process. The applicant should ask people who are able to judge the applicants ability to succeed in graduate school (e.g., one's undergraduate accounting professors, a CPA who served as a supervisor during an internship, other faculty). Please do not ask for letters of recommendation from family members, friends, roommates, etc.
- One page essay about one's motivations for entering the program
- International students must also submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores,a financial certificate with supporting documents, and degree certificates.
International17692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17692 USD per year during 24 months.
National17692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17692 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5568 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bozeman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.