The Dental Surgery - Oral Surgery program at the University of Sharjah begins with basic medical sciences and relevant dental sciences courses that help build a core knowledge that enable the trainee to proceed for further surgical education and training. Clinical experience includes mandatory rotations around internal medicine, general surgery, anesthesiology and accident and emergency medicine disciplines. Multidisciplinary team work and quality patient-care outcome in a safe environment remain as the main philosophy of training.
The program has an overall 70% clinical component and 30% research component, in the form of a short investigation leading to a thesis. Trainees shall also participate in relevant continuing professional development activities held at College of Dental Medicine, which are accredited by Royal College of Surgeons of England.
The goals of the MDS-OS program are to enable students to:
- Develop contemporary knowledge specifically in oral surgery, and relevant areas in dentistry and medicine to enable to make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Acquire basic and advance skills in patient care, investigation techniques and clinical skills at a level of competency for safe practice.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team work for effective patient care.
- Develop and adopt high values in decision making, with contemporary evidence based knowledge and skills.
- Communicate efficiently and practices the highest level of Ethics and Professionalism
- Promote as an advocate for health and continue to be a life-long learner.
- Medical Sciences
- Surgical Sciences
- Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Patient Care
- Multidisciplinary Treatment Planning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Arab Emirates
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sharjah and/or in United Arab Emirates, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A BDS degree from University of Sharjah or an equivalent qualification, with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Candidates with GPA of between 2.5 and 2.9 may be given consideration.
- A minimum of one-year post qualification work experience
- English Language requirements: A minimum of 550 on paper based TOEFL or 6.0 on IELTS or its equivalence.
- Applicants must attend an interview session and may be required to sit for a written and/or practical test.
International45030 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45030 EUR per year during 36 months.
National45030 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45030 EUR per year during 36 months.
- AED 170,000 per year
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.