The intent of this Environmental Science and Engineering program at the University of Sharjah is to prepare students to engage in multidisciplinary fields with independent and collaborative research in academic, governmental, and industrial contexts. During this learning process, students will participate in knowledge generation and improvement, research synthesis, and knowledge/technology transfer. The program is also intended to support the development of quality and relevant research, especially applied research in pertinent environmental fields to UAE and the region.
Program objectivesThe program aims to achieve the following goals:
- Demonstrate strong level of competencies to develop leadership roles in different professional environmental sciences and engineering organizations and projects.
- Contribute to the development of innovative research and technologies for solving environmental problems and able to pursue professional and academic career.
- Provide scientific advice for seniors working in policy development and decision making.
- Identify and address current and future environmental problems related to non-renewable resources within sustainable development framework.
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Risk Analysis
- Water Resources Planning and Management
- Air Quality and Pollution Control
- Climate Change and the Environment
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Environmental Studies
- Sustainable Natural Resources Management
- Environmental Biology
- Marine Ecology
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 9 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The student must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university with a CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00. Students with a CGPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may be admitted conditionally.
- The degree must be in a major that qualifies the student to study the master's program.
- Attachment of ‘no objection certificate’ from the authorities responsible for national service for male Emirati students.
- Attachment of a letter of study approval from the Kuwait Embassy Cultural Office for Kuwaiti students only.
- Attachment of People of Determination card (if applicable).
- In case the student works in a certain place, please attach a letter from the employer stating that the student is working for this agency.
International11781 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 714 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National11781 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 714 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.