Pharmacy is becoming a key player in primary and preventive health care and is defined as the science of the composition, use and dispensing of drugs. The study and practice of Pharmacy has evolved and expanded considerably over the years due to the exponential growth of the health care and pharmaceutical industry.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences program at the University of Sharjah will prepare the students to address the current and future challenges in disciplines such as patient care, pharmaceutical industry, health promotion, research and development, management and investment in drug industry, and academic positions.
The intent is also to prepare students to engage in independent and collaborative research in academic, governmental and applied life science contexts. During this educative process, students will participate in knowledge generation and improvement, research synthesis, and knowledge/technology transfer.
- Provide students with advanced knowledge and experimental techniques in research in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
- Train students and enhance their ability to analyze and interpret data, design and conduct research in their field of expertise and apply analytical and critical thinking in reviewing literature.
- Develop students' ability to effectively communicate scientific information both orally and in writing to scientists and non-scientists.
- Provide a challenging and innovative learning environment so as to prepare the students for further advanced graduate or professional programs or scientific careers in the pharmaceutical industries.
- Develop the students' ability to engage in life-long learning and exhibit professionalism with the highest ethical standards.
- Foster problem-solving and decision-making skills applied to facilitate employment in scientific careers that contributes to the growth and development of the society.
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Special Topics in Medicinal Chemistry
- Regulatory Affairs
- Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 4 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Arab Emirates
- The student must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university with a CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00. Students with a CGPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may be admitted conditionally
- The degree must be in a major that qualifies the student to study the master's program.
- Students must meet the English language proficiency requirement
- Native speakers of English shall be exempted from the TOEFL Test if the language of instruction in their undergraduate studies was English
- Attachment of ‘no objection certificate’ from the authorities responsible for national service for male Emirati students
- Attachment of a letter of study approval from the Kuwait Embassy Cultural Office for Kuwaiti students only
- Attachment of People of Determination card (if applicable)
- In case the student works in a certain place, please attach a letter from the employer stating that the student is working for this agency
International13282 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 805 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National13282 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 805 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- 3,045 AED per credit
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.