The fields of humanitarian action, disaster risk reduction, community resilience, climate change adaptation and sustainability increasingly overlap. Professionals working with those most vulnerable to the impacts of conflict and disaster must have an integrated understanding of policy and practice across these themes to ensure a holistic approach.
Our part-time students are often sponsored by their employers. Successful completion of this postgraduate level qualification should provide the credibility needed to progress in your organisation and career.
When you graduate, you can pursue or further a career in sectors including national and local government, NGO’s, UN organisations and other regional organisations, healthcare or consultancy.
Our current teaching staff and the university’s Talent Team can support your search for employment in the UK or overseas by making use of our 25 years of alumni network industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disaster Risk, Resilience, Adaption and Sustainability
- Humanitarian Principles, Preparedness and Response
- Community Preparedness, Recovery and Resilience
- Disaster Interventions, Evaluation and Learning
- Supporting Transition to Postgraduate Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesRisk Management Emergency & Disaster Management View 137 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Coventry University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Relevant work experience and/or a professional development qualification.
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or professional experience only will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- English as a Foreign Language Participants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5, or TOEFL 600. If you have IELTS 6.0 you may be eligible to study our online pre-sessional English course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3533 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3533 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.