This master in Aquaculture and Fisheries at University of Algarve will provide students with the knowledge and training required for the assessment, management, conservation and sustainable exploitation of living resources. Provide students with the knowledge and training required for the production of species in different aquaculture production systems. Training of professionals for aquaculture and fisheries. Provide skills that enable lifelong learning in a self-oriented or autonomous manner. Create the competencies during the Masters to enable progress to a higher level of specialization at the PhD level. To train professionals able to communicate their knowledge to the scientific as well as non-scientific public.
- Topics in aquaculture, fisheries and conservation
- Techniques in molecular and celular biology
- Fisheries economics
- Fisheries technology and evaluation of resources
- Management and conservation
- Socio-economic dimension of fisheries
- Transformation of aquatic products
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Marine Studies View 3 other Masters in Marine Studies in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Application Fee: 50 Euros
- Simple photocopy of passport or identification document
- Declaration on honor that it meets the conditions required
- Document proving the completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent, or the necessary and sufficient qualification for access to higher education in the country of origin, duly certified by the competent authorities
- Document proving the classification obtained
- Proof of language proficiency in the language of instruction
- The candidate will have to prove, by means of a certificate, the domain independent of the language in which the course is taught, under the terms foreseen for levels B1 and B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Faro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.