Do you want to make global news headlines with groundbreaking Cybersecurity research or impact the security of billions of computers worldwide? Your first stop is our top Master’s programme Computer Security, powered by world-class researchers (VUSec and other CompSys groups).
The Computer Security programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam addresses the most ambitious technical challenges in Cybersecurity, with a focus on computer systems and networks security and topics such as hacking, side channels, hardening, verification, malware, vulnerability analysis, and reverse engineering.
Move to industry
Different career paths are open to you as a graduate of our Master’s programme Computer Security.You might want to join a tech company in which systems and security skills are crucial to carry out innovative projects, or to lead the research and development of new security solutions. Alternatively, you might be snapped up by firms looking for the ideal combination of creative problem-solving abilities and technical skills in computer security (or experimental computer science in general).
- Programming Large-scale Parallel Systems
- Software Security
- Distributed Systems
- Storage Systems
- Parallel Programming Practical
- Advanced Topics in Distributed Systems
- Binary and Malware Analysis
- Elective courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 7 other Masters in IT Security in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master’s programme in computer security is open to both Dutch and international students and attracts excellent students from the field of Computer Science. The Admission Board will decide upon your admission after having evaluated your complete online application.
- This is a specialised Master’s programme, consisting mainly of classes, practicals, and research projects in Computer Security with a strong computer systems focus. Students preferring to take a wide-ranging Master’s programme are advised to opt for a standard programme such as Computer Science.
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.