The new Astronomy and Space Sciences program at the University of Sharjah will improve employability through the development of the postgraduate skills required for a successful transition to a research role in academia or professional research centers. This will be achieved through the delivery of Masters-level taught elements as well as the completion of new research projects.
The proposed program will be delivered through a range of learning experiences such as lectures and hands-on experiences through the newly Sharjah Academy for Astronomy, Space Sciences and Technology, and other local and international related facilities such as the UAE Space Agency and Mohamed Bin Rashid Space Center.
The academic aim of the program is to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in Astronomy and Space Sciences, such as understanding the physical Universe through astronomical observations carried out from the ground or space. The intent is also to prepare students to engage in independent and collaborative research in academic, governmental, and industrial sectors.
The essential objective of the MSASS is to strengthen the academic and professional knowledge of students. The program is also intended to provide students with the required experience in their chosen area of focus. The specific objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with the quality education to understand the astronomical, physical world as well as space sciences concepts, and conceive the overall structure of the Universe.
- Equip students with the attributes of advanced astronomical knowledge and space sciences technologies and address future challenges in the field.
- Provide students with practical experience in space sciences research, project development, and management.
- Prepare students to engage in independent and collaborative research in University, government, and industrial sectors.
- Stellar Astrophysics
- Planetary Science
- Galactic and Extragalactic Astrophysics
- Solar and Space Physics
- Observational Astronomical Techniques
- Space Weather
- Celestial Mechanics
- Data Analysis and Astrostatistics
- Variable and Binary Stars
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 7 other Masters in Physics in United Arab Emirates
- Students whose undergraduate degree is not directly related to Applied Physics and Astronomy may be admitted to the MSASS program upon the recommendation of the Department council and the approval of the Graduate Studies Council. This admission will be conditional on the candidate passing up to 24 credit hours as prerequisite courses if required
International15708 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 714 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National15708 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 714 EUR per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.