Tourism is one of the largest industries in the world, and as borders disappear and business grows ever more global, demand for tourism and travel professionals will continue to grow as well. According to the American Hotel & Lodging Association the travel and tourism industry pays $186 billion in travel-related wages and salaries and employs 1.7 million hotel property workers. Additionally, tourism directly supports more than 7.4 million travel and tourism jobs.
What you'll study
This Master's degree in Tourism Management - Marketing from University of Tehran, Kish International Campus provides the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to establish and develop the policy and strategy for tourism management, training professionals who can hold positions of responsibility in destination management and/or explore in depth the development of a method that elevates tourism to a scientific discipline. The students will learn about the use and the development of natural and cultural resources in tourism projects, the methods employed to reinvent a destination, and the opportunities to engage a destination's local population.
The Master of Tourism Management- Marketing requires completion of 32 credits, with 20 credits in the core courses and a minimum of 8 credits of directed marketing courses. The program requires completion of a thesis of 4 credits. Admitted students with a different undergraduate degree are also required to complete a few credits of leveling courses which prepare such students for success in the Master of Tourism Managements- Marketing, these courses do not count toward the degree. A minimum GPA of 14 over 20 must be maintained for graduation.
- Management of human resources in tourism industry
- Principles of management and marketing of services
- Information systems in tourism industry
- Management of total quality in tourism industry
- National and international environment and tourism
- Analysis of tourism behavior and cultural exchanges
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMarketing Human Resource Management View 3 other Masters in Marketing in Iran
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holding a B.A. or B.Sc. degree (at the time of registration) from an accredited institution.
- Completed application form available at: http://kish.ut.ac.ir/en/ApplicationForm
- A scanned copy of two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to applicant's educational capabilities.
- A scanned copy of official transcripts translated into English.
- A scanned copy of applicant´s Passport
- A scanned copy of applicant's recent photograph.
- A scanned copy of English Certificate.
International3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1700 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 EUR per semester during 24 months.
International: 850 €/semester without courses
Local: 232.5 €/semester without courses
Living costs for Tehran
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.