- High-level training: courses are conducted by high-level research teams from Luxembourg and abroad
- Multidisciplinary approach: joint contribution of the university's main research centres, including the departments of Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics and Materials Science, Life Sciences and Medicine as well as LCSB and SnT
- Broad spectrum of skills: the programme covers data mining, data cleaning and processing, data visualization, statistical modeling, database management, workflow organization. It also addresses machine learning and deep learning techniques and their applications to life sciences, medicine and physics
- Variety of pedagogical tools: mix of theoretical and practical courses, projects and workshops involving professionals from the industrial sector
- International and multicultural environment: the University of Luxembourg offers the opportunity to meet students from all over the world.
- Central place in Europe: offering free transport throughout the country and developed rail and air networks, Luxembourg provides easy access to the capital and the major European cities
The objective of the Data Science programme at the University of Luxembourg is to provide initial training that will meet the growing demand for data science experts, providing students with the technical skills needed to solve complex problems using data. Graduates will be prepared for a variety of professional functions requiring data analysis skills in the health, economic, social network or financial sectors.
The training is based on a multidisciplinary approach that includes mathematics and computer science. Mathematics provides the fundamental tools and theoretical bases needed to design and analyse procedures, while computer science enables these procedures to be translated into algorithms and to manage the organisation of calculations and the manipulation of large databases.
The applications relate to problems arising from physics, life sciences and the industrial world. They will illustrate how statistics, machine learning, deep learning and data visualisation methods are used by researchers and industrialists in their scientific analyses and decision-making.
- Mathematical Statistics
- Optimization and Numerical Probabilities
- Signal processing
- Programming, Data Management and Visualization
- Programming with R and PYTHON
- NoSQL Databases & Cloud Computing
- Data visualization
- Applied Philosophy of Science and Data Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- EU students: March - July
- Non-EU students: March - April
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates for admission in the Master of Data Science are required to hold:
- Bachelor or equivalent with at least 180 ECTS in mathematics, physics, engineering or information technology
- Language: level B2 in English (candidates who have done their studies in English are exempt from the certificate)
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.