Community health currently faces a number of challenges, such as changing demographics, long-term care put under pressure and the increasing demands placed on staff and resources.In this track you’ll learn how technology can contribute to the creation of sustainable solutions to these problems. You’ll also discover ways of effectively engaging with diverse members of the community in order to identify their health-related needs and concerns.By learning how to work with (industrial) technicians you’ll be equipped to develop health technologies that address the identified needs of the community. You’ll also learn to reflect on the impact of these new technologies on community health.
You will obtain knowledge and insights from innovation studiessciences, as well as specific technological knowledge from relevant disciplines, i.e. physics, computer sciences and health sciences. This will enrich your understanding of the dynamics between front-line and emerging innovative technologies and community-based healthcare. Management, Policy Analysis and Entrepreneurship in Health and Life Sciences - Community-based Health Technologies is offered at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Future:Having completed the Master's programme in Management Policy Analysis and Entrepreneurship in the Health and Life Sciences, your career prospects are promising.
When you’ve completed the MPA programme, you have developed the following core competencies:
- Analysing complex societal issues related to the health and life sciences.
- Formulating and implementing strategies to deal with complex societal problems using interdisciplinary research.
- Effectively cooperating and communicating with researchers from scientific disciplines outside the health and life sciences and with societal actors.
- Research Methods for Analysing Complex Problems
- Analysis of Governmental Policy
- Communication, Organisation and Management
- Ethics in Life Sciences
- Scientific Writing in English
- Management of Innovative Technologies
- Business, Innovation and Value Creation in the Health and Life Sciences
- Data Mining Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Health Health Management View 21 other Masters in Health Management in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to gain admission to the Management, Policy Analysis and Entrepreneurship in Health and Life Sciences Master’s programme, you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent.
- We do not require a GRE or GMAT test score. A Bachelor degree obtained at an applied university or higher vocational education (HBO in Dutch) in most cases does not grant direct access to the programme (only exceptionally high ranking students stand a chance of admission).
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.