Artificial Intelligence (AI) is widely used in our society: from cars that detect pedestrians to our smart phones’ virtual assistants. These applications use AI techniques to interpret information from a wide variety of sources, and in turn to enable intelligent, goal-directed behaviour
The Artificial Intelligence - AI for Health programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam looks specifically at hybrid intelligence, where AI systems and humans collaborate. The first year is made up of broad courses that focus on core AI topics, while the second year is devoted to your chosen area of specialisation.
Examples of positions our alumni currently hold include:
- Software Engineer at Google
- Data Scientist at Airbnb / Booking.com
- Project Manager at Volvo Car Group
- Computer Vision Expert at Eagle Vision
- PhD student at Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, University of Zurich, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Evolutionary Computing
- Knowledge Representation
- Cognitive Psychology and its Applications
- Skills for AI
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Socially Intelligent Robotics
- AI and Society
- Elective courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Artificial Intelligence View 68 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Artificial Intelligence programme is open to both Dutch and international students. The Faculty’s Admission Board will decide upon your admission after having evaluated your complete online application.
- In order to gain admission to the Artificial Intelligence Master’s programme, you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent. We do not require a GRE or GMAT test score. A Bachelor's degree obtained at an applied university or higher vocational education (HBO in Dutch) in most cases does not grant direct access to the programme (only exceptionally high ranking students stand a chance of admission).
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.