The Global and Comparative Urban Planning Governance program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is a world class, cutting-edge program, building on the strengths of both programs and the specialized training offered by each.
The Urban School of Sciences Po is renowned for its emphasis on the comparative and critical governance of the metropolis in different parts of the world, political economy, the political sociology of urban policies and their instruments, political protest and participation, planning and the social/ ethnic transformations of cities. It deploys an interdisciplinary social science approach to urban change, climate crisis, urban policies, digital cities, and citizen’s participation.
The Urban Planning Department at UCLA offers rigorous training in a wide array of areas of concentration, including community development, housing, transportation, urban design and development, regional and international development and environmental analysis and policy. A hallmark of UCLA’s program is its deep commitment to social, environmental and racial justice, democratized planning, inclusivity, and the integration of practice and research.
The UCLA – Sciences Po Dual Degree provides access to stimulating career paths in the US and France but also, thanks to a strong comparative and critical approach, in America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They will be prepared to take on jobs in the public sector, nonprofits and NGOs, research organizations, and private planning, consulting, and development firms.
- Applied Microeconomics for Urban Planning
- Law and Quality of Urban Life
- Quantitative Analysis in Urban Planning
- Planning History and Theory
- Visual Communication Skills
- Theories of Regional Economic Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Public Administration Urban Planning View 704 other Masters in Economics in United States
- A 3.5 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework, or an international equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate coursework in microeconomics, statistics and college algebra is highly recommended
- Previous experience in planning, a planning-related field or community development is recommended
- The GRE is currently optional
- International applicants whose first language is not English must certify their proficiency in English when applying to UCLA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
International33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
National33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18143 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.