The Department of Atmospheric and Space Sciences at Savitribai Phule Pune University is one of the leading departments in the country in the area of Atmospheric Science. The department is internationally known, as the students have gone to countries like the USA, U.K., Germany, Norway, Belgium, Canada, Ireland etc. for research.
- The M.Sc. Atmospheric Sciences programme prepares the students for a research career in Atmospheric and Climate Science. Most of our students go for Ph.D. programs in India or in foreign countries.
- The course also prepares the student for taking up employment in the areas of weather forecasting both in the government and private sector, wind energy sector etc.
- Mathematical, Statistical and Numerical Methods
- Physical Meteorology
- Tropical Meteorology and Climatology
- Dynamic Meteorology
- Ocean Sciences
- Meteorological Instruments and Observational Techniques
- Python Programming
- Ocean Biology and Biogeochemistry
- World Weather Reporting
- Cloud Physics and Atmospheric Electricity
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Savitribai Phule Pune University and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission to M.Sc. Atmospheric Sciences course will be done through entrance test.
- Those students who have completed their B.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech. are eligible and they should have done Physics and Mathematics as subjects in their B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 165 USD per year during 24 months.
National165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 165 USD per year during 24 months.
- University entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.