- The Zoology programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- Based on the performance of teaching and research potentials of the staff members, UGC had recognized the Department for Special Assistance Programme (SAP) in 1985 and extended it for two terms.
- Under the COSIST Programme, a grant of Rs. 42.5 lakhs was sanctioned for a five year term (1996-2001). 3rd Phase of SAP started from 2001-2006 with financial aid of Rs. 65.75 lakhs. On completion of the 3rd Phase of SAP, UGC review committee upgraded the department for CAS(Centre of Advance Study) in Biodiversity: Cell and molecular biology, with the financial assistance of Rs. 78.25 lakhs. from 2007-2012. In 2013 the department was recognised by the DST under its FIST programme and sanctioned a grant of 1.10 crores for 5 years.
- During these hundred years, it has many landmarks as its teaching and research activities changed from classical to the most recent ones in Zoology, and remained at the forefront both nationally and internationally.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc (Zoology) & PU CET(PG)
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied.
- All information relating to admission shall be uploaded on the Online Notice Board of the concerned department as well as on the Physical Notice Board.
International169 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per year during 24 months.
National169 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 12535
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.