Genetic Counseling program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) integrates strong academic grounding, direct fieldwork experiences with diverse patient populations, and independent research to prepare graduates for the dynamic field of genetic counseling.
Each cohort consists of 10 students. From matriculation to award of the degree, the normative time to degree is 21 months starting from the fall quarter of the first year through the spring quarter of the second year, including the summer quarter between the two years. The program is not set up to accept students on a part-time and/or online basis.
Students at Genetic Counseling program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) will:
- Engage in an evidence-based practice that incorporates advanced knowledge in genetics, genomics, and psychosocial counseling.
- Critically think, evaluate, and synthesize research findings to produce and disseminate new scientific research related to the discipline and practice of genetic counseling.
- Address and appropriately act on ethical, legal, and social issues in the discipline and practice of genetic counseling.
- Principles and Practice in Medical Genetics
- Genetic Counseling Skills
- Reproductive Genetics in Practice
- Specialty Genetics in Practice
- Professional Development in Genetic Counseling
- Genomic Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Genetics Counselling Psychology View 719 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common undergraduate degrees include biology, psychology, biochemistry, and life sciences
- Candidates with other undergraduate degrees will be considered as long as they have completed the Required Coursework prior to applying to the program: Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Psychology or Sociology, Statistics or Biostatistics
- Experience. Demonstrate relevant experience in healthcare, teaching, counseling, and/or patient advocacy setting, preferably genetics-oriented
- Contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion.Demonstrate (potential) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion in higher education and genetic counseling profession
- Resume (CV)
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts of all university coursework
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Optional: Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
National33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18143 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.