About the Program
Striking a balance between technology and creativity, the Animation program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) allows students to learn every phase of the filmmaking process, from scriptwriting to editing, allowing them to become masters of a demanding craft while also becoming master storytellers. The tenet that has guided the program since its inception in 1948 is "one person, one film."
Working in the state-of-the art Walter Lantz Digital Animation Studio, students gain hands-on knowledge about the latest CG innovations that continue to transform the animation field. The studio is a matchless resource for instruction, research and student film production, made possible by generous gifts amounting to nearly $1 million from the Walter Lantz Foundation.
- Animation Design
- Writing for Animation
- Animation Workshop
- Visual Thinking and Organization for Animation (drawing)
- Interactive Animation
- Computer Animation for Film and Video
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Video Games & Animation View 756 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Satisfy the University of California’s Graduate Admission Requirements.
- Complete equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Statement of Purpose
- A Portfolio Breakdown
- A Portfolio Submission (submit an Original Storyboard, submit Other Creative Work)
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Any international applicant whose first language is not English must certify proficiency in English when applying
- U.S. immigration law requires that international applicants, if admitted, show documented evidence that sufficient funds to cover all tuition, fees, transportation, and living expenses are available for the first year of their studies at UCLA
International32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 36 months.
National32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State17456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17456 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.