The Department of Physical Education at Savitribai Phule Pune University strives towards excellence in the fields of Physical Education, Sports, Yoga & Allied Sciences (PSYA).
The M.P.Ed. Physical Education programme has the following aims:
- To develop highly skilled scholars in the field of Physical Education.
- To master the competencies and skills needed to become a professional Physical Education and sport resource person.
- To be sensitive about emerging issues in Physical Education & sports.
- To develop in the students an inquiring mind & ability to employ reasoning, rational thinking, critical thinking in the problems & issues relating to the
- To provide opportunity for creativity, self expression & provide information on continued professional growth.
- Research in Physical Education and Sports
- Science of Sports Training
- Sports Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- Measurement & Evaluation in PE & Sports
- Research and Statistics
- Exercise Physiology
- Yoga Science
- Sports Management
- Sport Psychology
- Sports Nutrition
- Health Education
- Pedagogy of Physical Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A candidate who has passed any one of B.Ed (Phy.Edu), B.P.Ed, B.P.E. (4 years), H.D.Ed., D.P.Ed i.e. courses recognized by NCTE & UGC is considered eligible for admission to this course.
- Examination of Savitribai Phule Pune University or any other statutory university recognized by this university will be eligible for admission to M. P. Ed.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 489 USD per year during 24 months.
National326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 326 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State163 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 163 USD per year during 24 months.
- Students from Maharashtra: ₹12100
- Outside Maharashtra: ₹24200
- SAARC countries: ₹24200
- Foreign: ₹36300
- Entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.