Teaching and learning are delivered by a partnership of Imperial College London ’s Institute of Global Health Innovation, the Usher Institute at the University of Edinburgh, HDR UK and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Our consortium unites NHS experts with clinicians, researchers, and digital specialists, with unrivalled expertise in blended learning, health informatics and data science, leadership development and healthcare transformation. The Digital Health Leadership programme is offered at Imperial College London.
Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip)
The part-time programme employs blended learning that allows you to progress through online learning modules, participate in live online sessions, and join experiential learning with your peers.
You will learn about the tools and frameworks applicable to technology and change management in health care settings. A reflective practice will support your leadership development throughout the year. Teaching and learning combine practical NHS-expertise with academic rigour to deliver a unique and ambitious learning experience.
Across past cohorts, the recommended study time has been 5-8 hours on average, and up to 10-15 hours per week at times of assessments and live experiential learning. We recognise that individual needs may differ, and so you will be supported by Imperial College’s resources, academic tutoring, and pastoral care.
If you successfully complete the Postgraduate Diploma, you may choose to continue to the Master’s (MSc) component of the programme. This MSc is fully online and lasts for 12 months.
The MSc year involves the development of a dissertation of practice. Here you will explore and address an obstacle or impediment to digital readiness or digital maturity in your organisation.
- The programme is aimed at aspirant leaders and those with current digital leadership responsibilities who are committed to advance transformational digital change across their organisations and systems, and exemplify the professionalisation of digital health over time.
- Together with the support of their Executive Sponsor as well as their study groups and peer networks, students on the programme will be well-equipped to step into, and inhabit, senior leadership roles across the realms of digital health and care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health systems
- Adopting and tailoring the project and programme lifecycle
- Health information systems and technologies
- User-centred design and citizen-driven informatics
- Decision support, knowledge management and actionable data analytics
- Leadership and transformational change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
PG Dip: 60 ECTS
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Informatics View 13 other Masters in Health Informatics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to be considered for the NHS Digital Academy, you must:
- be a Chief Information Officer, Chief Clinical Information Officer or aspiring digital leader in the NHS or social care
- have five years of relevant experience in informatics or digital health
- have executive level support from your organisation
- be available to attend all residential learning sessions (listed in the overview section of this page)
- provide two references (professional or academic)
- The minimum academic requirement is at least a 2.2 UK Honour's degree in relevant degree subject.
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.