The Digital Chemistry programme offered at Imperial College London comprises modules that cover the theory and application of data science, machine learning and automation in a diverse range of areas within the chemical sciences.
From computational modelling allowing predictive insights into the behaviour of complex molecules and systems, to artificial intelligence and machine learning revolutionising our ability to predict reaction outcomes, you will explore recent developments across the field and gain sought-after skills.
Our career-focused degrees ensure graduates are well-placed to gain employment in a growing industry.
There are many areas of employment open to you as a graduate of this course. Previous graduates of the Department have gone on to pursue careers in:
- Medical device industry
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Data-driven industries
- Data Analytics in Chemistry
- “Hacking” for Chemists
- Automation in Chemistry, Drug Discovery and Materials
- Ethics in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry: Materials
- Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry: Drug Discovery
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As a guide, visa nationals (overseas applicants) should aim to apply by no later than 30 June.
PG Cert: 30 ECTS
DisciplinesChemistry Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 11 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- The minimum entry requirement is normally a 2.1 degree in chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering.
- Applicants with a 2:1 degree in a data science related area, such as computing, applied mathematics and statistics, will be considered on a case by case basis.
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International35400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35400 GBP per year during 6 months.
National12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP per year during 6 months.
- UK PG Cert: £6,400
- International PG Cert: £17,700
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.