Graduates of the Community Health Sciences program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) generally assume positions in the planning, administration and evaluation of public health programs and policies, both in the United States and abroad, with the mission of maintaining and improving the health of individuals, families, communities and populations.
Where the students work after graduation
Community Health Sciences graduates work in:
- Governmental public health agencies at the local, state, and national levels
- Nonprofit organizations
- Domestic and international voluntary organizations
- Health maintenance organizations
- Corporate wellness programs
- Other health and human services organizations
- The private sector
- Public Health
- Public Health as Profession
- Community Health Sciences
- Program Planning, Research and Evaluation in Community Health Sciences
- Field Studies in Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1564 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- University minimum requirement of an acceptable bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a B (3.0) average for the last 60 semester/90 quarter units at the time of application
- A satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required for international applicants whose primary language of instruction is not English
- Prior work experience (professional, volunteer, intern) in community health or health education is strongly considered in the evaluation of MPH applicants
- Three letters of recommendation are required
- The statement of purpose should outline academic background, personal and work experience, educational/research interest, career goals, and planned contributions to the field of public health
International33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
National33245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33245 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18143 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.