Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar is commonly known as social activist, economist, political, philosophic thinker, and historiographer. He was one of the most remarkable leaders who played a major role in Indian politics and struggled to restructure the Indian society on the most egalitarian and humanitarian principles, especially for the upliftment of the downtrodden.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s experience and education in India and abroad added critical and modern dimension to his thought and endeavor, reflected in Constitution of India aptly describing one of his titles as the architecture of constitution. In a way, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s idea of inclusive nation-building is now globally relevant and could be seen in the millennium and sustainable development goals recently accepted by the United Nations Organization. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar has come to embody the aspirations of the vast majority of the depressed classes of the country. His critique not only privileges social justice over political justice, but expands nationalism to make it inclusive and encompassing.
What you will learn
The M.A. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar's Thoughts - National Security at Savitribai Phule Pune University revolves around the following major subject areas:
- International Relations: this provides the broad field within which Nations of States and nonstate factors interact. An attempt is made to provide for both a theoretical understanding of how and why nations behave as they do and also a historical survey of major trends in World Affairs.
- Geo-Politics and Military Geography: understanding of behavior of nation-states without the geographical context is usually a partial understanding. An attempt is made to provide the students with a perspective about Geo-political thinking and also the application and the interaction of Geography with problems of strategy.
- Strategic Studies: this is one of the core courses that provide the students an understanding of various dimensions of welfare in the conventional and nuclear context.
- Peace and Conflict Studies: the course of Peace and Conflict Studies introduces the students to the various nature and forms of conflict approaches to conflict management and conflict resolution and also an understanding of some of the new approaches like comprehensive security and human security.
- International Relations
- Geopolitics and Military Geography
- National Security: Key Concepts
- Strategic Studies
- Defence Organization of India
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar's Approach to International Relations
- Geopolitical Perspectives of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Thoughts
- Understanding Indian Society & Social Structure
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 17 other Masters in Public Policy in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (1st, 2nd & 3rd year) marksheets - originals with photocopies
- Passport (first and last page copy)
- Visa copy
- Updated R.P. copy
- All documents need to be translated into English
- It is mandatory that the mark sheet is attested by the Ministry of Education or the Indian Embassy in your country or your Country Mission, i.e. your Embassy or Consulate in India.
- If the marksheet is from a Foreign University, an Association of Indian Universities (AIU) Equivalence Certificate is mandatory.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per year during 24 months.
National404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per year during 24 months.
- Fees: INR 30000/- per year
- University entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.